30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Contest Standings Week #2


Wow... what an ending to an amazing Bay Bridge Series. Derek Norris, who was called up from the Sacramento River Cats on Thursday, launched his first MLB home run and boy was it a biggie. Trailing 2 to 1 in the bottom of the ninth with 2 on, 2 outs, and 2 strikes, Norris launched a ball over the left field fence to help the A's avoid the sweep.

What an amazing series! All three games came down to the bottom of the 9th and even though the Giants took the first two games, both teams provided their fans with some serious entertainment.

Okay... now that I've gotten that out of the way, let's take a look at the contest standings.

First let's break down the A's/Giants mini-contest. Twenty-six people participated with sixteen people earning 3 points and ten people earning 1 point. Nobody picked two out of three or three out of three predictions correctly. And since Norris caught two out of the three games, Kurt Suzuki only managed to collect one hit... a number nobody predicted.

Here's a look at the mini-contest results:


And now for the most current standings:


Our current leaderboard looks like this:

Greg Zakwin 19 Points
Ryan G 19 Points
dayf 16 Points
Martyn 16 Points
Richard Nebe Jr. 16 Points
Kirk Jacobsen 15 Points
Matt 15 Points
Play at the Plate 15 Points
Spankee 15 Points

There are a few things to note this week about the point totals:

A. I gave dayf an extra point for a very entertaining response. You may see me reward people from time to time with extra points. The fact is... I'm a teacher and sometimes I reward people with extra credit for above and beyond effort.

B. You may also notice that some people left links to their responses, but did not receive as many points as others. That's because I rewarded people who wrote new blog posts the full three points and the people who gave links to past posts two points. I figure this was the most fair way to distribute points.

There's still plenty of time to join in on the fun. This contest will run through the better half of July and there will be plenty of opportunity to earn (and possibly lose) points.

Thanks again to everyone who's participated in the contest. Stay tuned for my next post (and contest question) which should be up in the next hour or so.

Have a great Sunday & sayonara!

2 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

Hey I got one right! Awesome!

Wilson said...

Well I just realized that I changed my blogger display name at an inconvenient time, from "Matt" to "Wilson". I did it due to confusion on another blog, and I see lots of Matts out there. Hopefully the links in my previous posts to tenetsofwilson are evidence enough we're the same person :)